Parking Permits for Persons with Disabilities

Handicap Sign

If you are a resident of the Town of Brookhaven with a qualifying disability as defined by New York State Vehicle & Traffic Law, you eligible for a parking permit for persons with disabilities from the Brookhaven Town Clerk’s Office. Persons living within the incorporated villages of Patchogue, Port Jefferson and Bellport must obtain the application and their permit at their village hall.

View the Parking Permit for Persons with Disabilities Application

Identification Requirements
Applications for New, Renewal and Lost/Stolen Permits must be submitted with copies of one of the following valid Photo ID:
• Driver’s License
• DMV issued Non-Driver Photo ID (NDID)

Alternate Proof of Identity
If you do not have a valid Driver’s License or Non-Driver’s ID, accepted alternative proofs of identity are listed below. Please note if your proof of identity does not list your current physical address, additional proof of residency will be required.
• Valid Passport
• Valid US Military ID
• Veteran Photo ID
• Suffolk County Handicapped Identification Card
• Pistol Permit
• Government Issued Photo ID
• Current Employee or School ID
• Residence ID

If the following are submitted as proof of identity, the parking permit will be mailed to the applicant:
• Utility or telephone bill dated within the last six (6) months
• Letter from a government agency dated within the last (6) months
• Pay stubs dated within the last six (6) months

Proof of Residency Requirements
If your driver’s license or NDID does not list your current physical address, you must submit one of the following that includes your name and current physical address dated within the last six (6) months.
• utility bill
• bank/credit card statement
• pay stub
• letter from a government agency

Permit Application
Part I of the application is to be filled out and signed by the applicant.

Part II of the application must be completed and signed by an authorized medical professional. Please see the application for more information on authorized medical professionals.

The application may be returned in person or by mail to the Town Clerk’s Office. NO FAX, SCANNED, OR PHOTO COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Renewal Permits

If renewing a permit, the expiring permit MUST BE RETURNED. Part I and Part II of the application must be completed for all permit renewals. If your permit was issued from another municipality, you must file an application as a new resident.

Lost or Stolen Permits
If your permit was lost or stolen, you must sign a sworn affidavit and have it notarized. You must also complete and sign Part I of the permit application. (NO FAX, SCANNED, OR PHOTO COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED) 

View the Parking Permit for Persons with Disabilities Lost or Stolen Affidavit

If you need additional assistance, please call 631-451-9124 or 631-451-7093.

Town Clerk

Parking Permits for the Disabled

Public Notices

Vital Records 

Town Clerk Forms and Documents

Town Clerk FAQs

Hours of Operation:
Monday: 9:00 m - 7:00 pm
(visitors must sign in before 6:45 pm)

Tuesday - Friday: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm

*Land Use Applications:
 9:00 am and 3:00 pm

Contact Information:
Town Clerk, Donna Lent, RMC

Chief Deputy Town Clerk
Patricia Ryan

Deputy Town Clerk
Lauren Thoden

One Independence Hill
Farmingville, NY 11738

Telephone: 631-451-9101
Fax: 631-451-9264