In order to promote the good health and safety of both the public and assessment staff, the Assessor’s Office is open to the public by appointment only. Therefore, the Town of Brookhaven Tentative Assessment Roll and property specific information is available online only on our Assessment Roll Reports page.
Online Grievance Application Submissions
- View Our Interactive Online Grievance Application
- All grievance applications and supporting documents must be submitted between May 1 and the end of Grievance Day, May 18, 2021. Anything submitted earlier than May 1 or later than May 18 will be returned to the applicant.
- We strongly encourage anyone wishing to grieve their assessment to utilize this method to accurately file your grievance. Any supporting documentation can be attached during this process.
Alternative Grievance Application Submission Methods
Again, we strongly encourage anyone wishing to grieve their assessment to utilize the online grievance submission application, but if you are unable to do so, you may submit your grievance application and supporting documents by the following methods (must be emailed or post-marked by the end of Grievance Day, May 18, 2021):
- Mail to Town of Brookhaven Assessor, 1 Independence Hill, Farmingville, NY 11738 Attention: Grievance.
- Drop off in the bin labeled "Assessor’s Department" at the security desk in the main lobby of Brookhaven Town Hall.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the online grievance submission process.
- Tuesday, May 18
- 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Join virtually during this time to present your grievance to the Assessment Review Board.
For more information regarding filing a grievance, please read this helpful document provided by the New York State (NYS) Department of Taxation.