In order to promote the good health and safety of both the public and assessment staff, the Assessor’s Office is closed to the public. Therefore, the 2020/2021 Town of Brookhaven Tentative Assessment Roll and property specific information is available online only on our Assessment Roll Reports page.
Online Grievance Application Submissions
- View Our Interactive Online Grievance Application Now!
- All grievance applications and supporting documents must be submitted by the end of Grievance Day, June 23, 2020.
- We strongly encourage anyone wishing to grieve their assessment to utilize this method to accurately file your grievance. Any supporting documentation can be attached during this process.
Alternative Grievance Application Submission Methods
Again, we strongly encourage anyone wishing to grieve their assessment to utilize the online grievance submission application, but if you are unable to do so, you may submit your grievance application and supporting documents by the following methods (must be emailed or post-marked by the end of Grievance Day, June 23, 2020):
- E-mail to email@example.com.
- Mail to Town of Brookhaven Assessor, 1 Independence Hill, Farmingville, NY 11738 Attention: Grievance.
- Drop off in the bin labeled "Assessor’s Department" at the security desk in the main lobby of Brookhaven Town Hall.
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the online grievance submission process.
Grievance Day is Tuesday, June 23, 2020. The Town of Brookhaven Board of Assessment Review will hold a virtual meeting session to hear formal grievance complaints between the hours of 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm.
Join Virtual Meeting
- Use this virtual meeting link to join the meeting session on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
- Unable to connect virtually? Request a Call-In Number
- Please note you will be muted when you call into the meeting until a representative from the Town unmutes you and brings you into the meeting to talk with the Board of Assessment Review
For more information regarding filing a grievance, please read this helpful document provided by the New York State (NYS) Department of Taxation.