Recycle Right Media Contest
The Town of Brookhaven’s Recycling Advisory Committee (BRAC) has announced its first "Recycle Right" Media Contest!
Entries must focus on and promote concepts of "Recycle Right." These tenets include but are not limited to:
- Knowing and following through on what CAN be recycled
- Knowing and following through on what CANNOT be recycled
- Reducing personal waste stream by making the right choices as consumers and/or by reusing items
- Practicing smart recycling by adhering to ‘when in doubt, throw it out,’ rather than wishful recycling
- 20-second Public Service Announcement (PSA) in video (mp4) or audio (mp3)
- Students may work on their own, or in groups of up to 4
- Each student or group must have a Faculty Adviser
- Each entry should be submitted under a “Team Name”
- The Faculty Adviser must keep a record of the student(s) on the team
- High school students grades 9 through 12
Prizes, provided by Gershow Recycling, will be awarded to the Town’s top 3 submissions. All entrants will receive a certificate of appreciation for their participation.
- 1st prize: $750
- 2nd prize: $500
- 3rd Prize: $250
The "Recycle Right" Media Contest will run until 5:00 pm on April 1, 2020.
Fill out our online application form to submit your entry.
Please contact our Department of Recycling and Sustainable Materials Management online or call at 631-451-6255.
Brookhaven Recycling Advisory Committee (BRAC)
The Town of Brookhaven’s Recycling Advisory Committee (BRAC) was formed by resolution of the Town Board in March of 2019. It is comprised of residents and Town recycling staff in an effort to efficiently communicate recycling policies to constituents.
About the Department of Recycling and Sustainable Materials Management
The Town of Brookhaven Department of Recycling and Sustainable Materials Management is responsible for the environmentally secure disposal of everything that residents no longer want. Learn More
Sustainable Materials Management
Sustainable materials management (SMM) is a systemic approach to using and reusing materials more productively over their entire life cycles. Learn More