Beaches – Town of Brookhaven Residents Only
The following beaches are open with lifeguards on duty as noted:
- Davis Park - 10:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Cedar Beach - 10:00 am to 8:30 pm
- West Meadow - 10:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Corey Beach - 10:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Great Gun - Thursday through Monday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Cedar Beach West - Thursday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Stony Brook - Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Shoreham - Friday through Sunday from 10:00 am to 8:30 pm
The following splash pads/sprinkler parks will open on June 27, 2020:
Night fishing locations are opened. Permits are available through mail only at this time.
Pickleball / Tennis Courts
Requires online reservation and is open to residents only at this time.
All playgrounds are open.
All Town of Brookhaven Dog Parks (Selden and Middle Island) will be closed to the public until further notice.
Youth Baseball will start with practices beginning June 24 and the games starting on July 8.
Youth Softball will start with practices beginning June 24 and games start week of July 13.
Adult Softball will start with practices beginning June 24 and games start on Sunday July 12.
Beginning June 24, fields will be available for use by permit for small groups. Baseball and softball only.
Summer Fun Camp
Regretfully, the Town of Brookhaven’s 2020 Summer Fun Camp program will not be held this year. This has been a difficult decision however, due to the unknown nature of COVID-19, the Town of Brookhaven has decided the safety of the campers and staff is our top priority and for this reason our Summer Fun Camp will not take place. We hope to see you next year and wish you all a safe and healthy summer.
- Drop in tournaments at Corey Beach on Tuesdays at 6:00 pm starting July 7.
- Drop in tournaments at Cedar Beach on Thursdays at 6:00 pm starting July 9.
- Outdoor Night Bocce League at New Village Recreation Center on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm starting July 8
- Outdoor Day Bocce League at Robert E. Reid, Sr. Recreation Center on Mondays at 10:00 pm starting July 6
Town golf courses are open with restrictions. Play is for walkers and one person per cart.
Outdoor Exercise Classes
- Cardio Sculpt classes to be held at Diamond in the Pines on Fridays at 9:30 am to 10:30 am beginning July 10
- Let’s Get Fit classes to be held at New Village Recreation Center on Mondays at 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm beginning August 3
- Hula Hooping classes to be held at Corey Beach on Tuesdays at 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm - start date to be determined
- Zumba classes to be held at Corey Beach on Saturdays at 8:30 am to 9:30 am - start date to be determined
Programs / Activities Not Open Yet (waiting for New York State for Guidance)
- Swimming Lessons
- Special Recreation Summer Program
- Basketball Courts
- Handball Courts
- Recreation Centers