How to Prepare Materials
- tires (residential vehicles only)
- plastic, rubber, fabric,
- non-metallic par
- Remove tires from rims
- All fluid must be drained
- Must weigh less than 50 lbs.
- No metal parts
- Landfill will accept no more than 4 residential tires per day (rims removed). Commercial tires are not accepted. .
- headboards, box springs, mattresses, wood frames
- Dismantled, each part is considered one bulk item.
- Cut to 6 foot lengths, rolled and tied, each roll is considered one bulk item.
- items from homeowner’s
do-it-yourself projects: scrap lumber, tiles, insulation, pegboards, sheetrock, pvc pipes, etc.
- no major renovation debris
- Bags or containers (less than 50 lbs.; nothing protruding above the rim of 32 gallon pail)
- Bundled & tied - no larger than 4’x2’x2’ (less than 50 lbs.)
- Nails must be removed or flattened
- Large panels must be cut in half, each half is considered 1 bulk item.
- solid wood doors, wood garage doors, hollow-core wood doors
- Solid & garage doors must be cut in half, each piece is one bulk item.
- stockade fencing
- PVC/vinyl fencing
- wood rail/split rail
- Stockade, pvc, vinyl & wood rail/split rail sections must be cut so as they are not larger than 4’x2’x2’ (each piece is 1 bulk item). If bundled and tied; bundle must weigh less than 50 lbs.
- Loose pickets & rails must be less than 4’ long; bundled and tied (less than 50 lbs.)
- couches (without recliners), chairs, recliner chairs, tables, shelves, dressers, etc.
Each item is considered one bulk item. Please keep all drawers inside dressers.
- Wrapped, taped, and marked “GLASS”
- Sealed in a box and labeled “GLASS”
- Must be cut in half; each half is one bulk item.
- molded plastic, soft plastic, above ground
- Liners and soft plastic must be cut to 6 foot lengths, rolled, and tied each roll is one bulk item.
- wood frame and plastic frame
- Glass must be taped on both sides; each window is one bulk item.