- Recycling & Garbage Collection
- Appliance and Special Collections
Appliance and Special Collections
Appliances and other scrap metal items will be collected from your curbside separately from household garbage by the Town of Brookhaven. Contact the Department of Recycling and Sustainable Material Management at 631-451-TOWN when items are at the curb, separate from your household garbage and ready for collection. Scrap metal can also be dropped off at the Brookhaven Landfill and Manorville Compost Facility at no charge.
Appliances, air conditioners, metal bathtubs, dismantled swing sets, water heaters, metal lawn furniture, metal pool frames, metal framed windows, pots/pans, auto engines, chain-link fence, fence poles (free of concrete), boat trailers, bicycles, household hardware, barbecue grills, metal doors, lawnmowers, decorative metal fencing.
- Doors must be removed on refrigerators & freezers.
- Remove all fluids from auto engines & lawn mowers.
- Oil tanks - only collected if tank is cut and cleaned.
- Fence poles, swing sets, gazebos, tents, basketball hoops, etc. must be dismantled and free of concrete and non-metallic parts for collection and/or drop off at the Town Landfill.
- Chain link fence must be cut to 20’ lengths, rolled, & tied.
- Boat trailers must be disassembled for curbside collection.
Not Acceptable for Curbside Collection
- Helium/Propane Tanks - only small party-size helium tanks, camping & BBQ sized propane tanks may be brought to the Town Landfill for free. Remove valve to insure tank is empty.
- Chicken/Turkey wire & mesh type metals (rolled and securely tied) and wire animal cages may be brought to the Town Landfill for free.
The Town of Brookhaven will collect the following special items at curbside separate from your household garbage:
- Sofabeds, couches with recliners, day-beds, sliding glass doors, car seats and large or projection TVs
Please have items placed at curb separate from your garbage before calling the Department of Recycling and Sustainable Material Management at 631-451-TOWN to schedule a collection.
Please keep items intact and tape any glass!