Mt. Sinai Harbor
Recreational mooring permits will be available for purchase online for the Mt. Sinai Harbor. Check back soon.
The mooring season runs from March 1st (or from date of issue) until November 30th. To place a mooring in this harbor, a boater must first have a valid permit from the Town of Brookhaven. The permit must be renewed every year. Permits will be issued to new applicants on a first come, first serve basis.
The following items must be attached with your application:
- For individuals applying for a Resident Recreational Permit, one of the following:
- Driver License/New York State ID Card showing a physical address in the Town of Brookhaven
- Brookhaven Property Tax Bill – if you only reside part of the year in the Town of Brookhaven and this property is not your main residence you will also need to provide 2 utility bills (one current and one dated 6 months prior) showing the physical address listed on the Brookhaven Property Tax Bill. Please note properties used commercially are not eligible.
- Year-Round Lease plus 2 utility bills (one current and one dated 6 months prior) showing Town of Brookhaven physical address
- A copy of your current New York State boat registration or Coast Guard Documentation papers for the boat. Boat must be registered/documented in the same name as the applicant.
- Commercial applicant must provide proof that the boat is used for commercial purposes.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call 631-451-6101.
- $165 Resident Recreational Permit
- $385 Non-Resident Recreational Permit
- $240 Commercial Permit
The permit fee is for the permit only. Boaters must purchase their own mooring tackle to be dropped in the harbor. Mooring tackle must meet Town specifications as stated in our rules and regulations affecting boat moorings and must be inspected before being dropped in the harbor. Used or new mooring tackle can be purchased from the firms listed below. Ralph’s Fishing Station also provides a launch service at an additional fee and Old Man’s Boat Yard provides Dinghy storage for an additional fee.
- Old Man’s Boat Yard: 631-473-7330
- Ralph’s Fishing Station: 631-473-6655
Port Jefferson / Setauket Harbor
Please contact the Town of Brookhaven’s Division of Harbors and Waterways at 631-473-3052.