Women’s Recognition Awards
2020 - 2022 Women's Recognition Event
This year, the Annual Women’s Recognition Ceremony will take place during a special event to celebrate the 36th Anniversary of the Office of Women’s Services!
This year, the Town will be celebrating its 36th Annual Women’s Recognition event during the 36th Anniversary of the Office of Women's Services!
Date and Time
Check back for 2023 award information
2022 Award Ceremony
Award Winners and Categories
In celebration of National Women’s History Month, Brookhaven Town and the Women’s Advisory Board are recognizing the following women for excellence in their endeavors:
- Arts - Beth Giacummo Lachacz
- Business - Anna Kirk
- Community Service Professional - Ida Timmons, LMSW
- Community Service Volunteer - Judith I. Betts
- Education - Lauren M. Roddin
- Government - Adeline M. Rosa
- Health Care Provider - Brandy Feliu, MSN, RN
- Law Enforcement / First Responder - Investigator Sergeant Erin Meunkle
- Legal Profession - Leslie B. Anderson, Esq.
- Medicine - Kimberly Herrera, MD
- Military - SSgt Tatiana Garcia
- Religion - Nita Webb
- Science - Dr. Crysten Blaby-Haas
- Sports - Marie Therese Turchiano
Town Board Women's Commendation Awards
- Supervisor Edward P. Romaine - Debra Ann Loesch
- Councilmember Jonathan Kornreich - Sandra Krolik
- Councilwoman Jane Bonner - Alisa McMorris
- Councilman Kevin J. LaValle - Doreen Newman
- Councilman Michael A. Loguercio - Pierina Camurati Leonardo
- Councilman Neil Foley - Jennifer McNamara
- Councilman Daniel Panico - Cassy Caputo
The Town of Brookhaven Division of Women’s Services strives to assist women and/or their families in seeking help and guidance in times of transition or crisis by fostering services aimed at improving their lives and enabling them to make healthier decisions.
Dress For Success
The Dress for Success Brookhaven mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the developmental tools necessary to help women thrive in work and life.