Women’s Recognition Awards
Check back in 2020 for more information!
Nominated by members of the community, the winners either live or work in the Town of Brookhaven and have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas. Nominations were considered by members of Brookhaven Women's Advisory Board and selected based on resumes and letters of recommendation.
- Arts: Angela Raymond, resident of Patchogue
- Business: DeeDee Griner, resident of Mastic Beach
- Communications/ Media: Donna DeVita, resident of Mastic Beach
- Community Service Professional: Dr. Carol Carter, founder Sunshine Prevention Center
- Community Service Volunteer: Gretchen A. Mones, resident of Stony Brook
- Education: Marie Ficano, Ed.D, resident of Northport
- Government: Annette Mahoney-Cross, resident of Mount Sinai
- Health Care Provider: Denise Driscoll, RN-BC, NPP resident of Rocky Point
- Law Enforcement: Commissioner Geraldine Hart, Police Headquarters
- Legal Profession: Honorable Theresa Whelan, Suffolk County Court
- Medicine: Kym Carpentieri, D.O., resident of West Sayville
- Religion: Kate Jones Calone, resident of Setauket
- Science: Dr. Cathy S. Cutler, resident of Shirley
- Dress for Success Brookhaven Volunteer Award: Annette Crosson, Rita Kiernan, Ronni Schultz
This year, the Supervisor and the members of the Town Board each nominated a woman who resides in the Town to receive a Special Commendation for Outstanding Service. They are:
- Supervisor Edward P. Romaine: Erma Gluck, resident of Coram
- Councilwoman Valerie M. Cartright: Yvonne Grant, resident of North Babylon
- Councilwoman Jane Bonner: Leeana Costa, resident of Rocky Point
- Councilman Neil Foley: Joelle Hawkes, resident of Blue Point
- Councilman Daniel J. Panico: Kerri Rosalia, resident of Manorville
- Councilman Kevin J. LaValle: Casey Berry, resident of Port Jefferson
- Councilman Michael A. Loguercio: Yvonne Rivers, resident of Gordon Heights
The Town of Brookhaven Division of Women’s Services strives to assist women and/or their families in seeking help and guidance in times of transition or crisis by fostering services aimed at improving their lives and enabling them to make healthier decisions.
Dress For Success
The Dress for Success Brookhaven mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the developmental tools necessary to help women thrive in work and life.