- What period does the tax year cover?
- When are tax bills mailed / posted to the website?
- Who gets a tax bill?
- Does my mortgage company know about my star or other exemptions?
- When are taxes due?
- What happens if I pay my taxes late?
- I did not receive my tax bill. Must I pay penalties and interest?
- To whom do I make the payment and where is it mailed?
- Are postmarks accepted or must my payment reach the office by the due date?
- May I pay my taxes in person?
- What if I can't pay the total amount due?
- May I pay my taxes online?
- My check was returned unpaid ("bounced"). Will the tax receiver re-deposit my check?
- I have moved - who do I contact to change my address?
- I just purchased property in the Town of Brookhaven. Do I need to contact anyone regarding real property taxes?
- I have paid-off my mortgage and taxes had been escrowed by my mortgage company. Who do I notify regarding my real property tax bill?
- Will the Town take my property if I do not pay my taxes?
- Where do I mail my delinquent tax payment?