Women’s Conference and Expo
Join us for the Division of Women’s Services 13th annual Conference and Expo entitled “We Can Do Anything,” which will feature guest speakers, vendor booths and workshops that promote wellness and personal growth in the lives of women in the community.
Keynote Speaker: Judy Torres
Judy Torres was born and raised in the Bronx. She tells her true story of how she overcame financial, social, and physical obstacles in order to live her dreams of becoming a professional singer. Despite lacking the necessary resources, her unstoppable efforts and passion landed her a record deal at a young age and put her at the center of an 80s musical movement: freestyle. Judy’s first hit record, “No Reason to Cry,” brought her a taste of fame, fortune, and sold-out performances at world-class venues, but few knew of the struggles with bullying, failed relationships, illness, and depression that also followed her throughout her life. Listen to her story with an open heart- as Judy invites you to remember that no matter how tough life gets, there’s no reason to cry!
Women in Non-Traditional Careers
A Panel of distinguished and accomplished women will hold an informative question and answer panel which will discuss how to achieve success against the odds.
When and Where
- Saturday, October 5, 2019, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Registration and breakfast 8:00 am
- Brookhaven Town Hall - 1 Independence Hill, Farmingville NY, 11738
Contact Sharon Boyd at 631-451-6146 for sponsorship information.
- Make check payable to Town of Brookhaven Women's Services, mail to 1 Independence Hill, Farmingville, NY 11738
- Guests must preregister
- Vendor registrations includes breakfast and lunch for one person. Each additional person is $15