About Career Edge
The free Career Edge Job Readiness Series is a unique program for women who are unemployed or under-employed.
You will work with a great network of professional women, businesspeople and expert speakers. It is designed to meet the needs of women in our area who are ready to make that move and get the job.
- Increase your knowledge and confidence on securing a job
- Create your personal brand and marketing strategy
- Learn how to find and apply for the job that’s right for you
- Build a focused resume and prepare to ace your interview
- Receive one-on-one career coaching
- Receive a Dress for Success professional suiting experience
- Explore networking tools including LinkedIn
- Participate in a sisterhood of women to share your journey
Wednesdays November 1, 8, 15, and 22 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sachem Library located
150 Holbrook Road in Holbrook, NY
Registration is full
This program is offered free of charge to women.
All participants will be offered the opportunity to receive career clothing for their interview and new job!
In her own words, a past graduate tells the story. “When I went through the resume process, I thought to myself, it is truly my honor to be in this class. I thought I had a great resume until I used the Career EDGE format. I wish I had this in the past.”
The Town of Brookhaven Division of Women’s Services strives to assist women and/or their families in seeking help and guidance in times of transition or crisis by fostering services aimed at improving their lives and enabling them to make healthier decisions.