Thanksgiving Food Drive
Our Youth Bureau INTERFACE Program’s Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive will run from October 14 to November 14. Last year’s Thanksgiving Food Drive provided hearty Thanksgiving meals to 1,200 families in Brookhaven. Without the generous donations received during the drive, this would not have been possible.
Suggested Food Items
Suggested food items for donations include all non-perishables, including, but not limited to: canned soups, canned cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, stuffing mix, instant potatoes, canned sweet or white potatoes, rice, canned vegetables, jar or canned sauce, macaroni, canned fruit, pudding, jello, cookie mix, cake mix, icing and juice. Due to refrigeration requirements, the Town cannot accept frozen turkeys. However, residents can donate $10 gift cards from local supermarkets, enabling families to purchase turkeys.
$10 gift cards to any local grocery store can also be donated for the purchase of turkeys.
Donation Drop Off Locations
- Brookhaven Town Hall, 1 Independence Hill in Farmingville
- Brookhaven Town Highway Department, 1140 Old Town Road in Coram
- Brookhaven Town Parks & Recreation Department, 286 Hawkins Road in Centereach
- Brookhaven Town Vehicle Control Building, 550 North Ocean Avenue in Patchogue
- Coram Fire Department, 303 Middle Country Road in Coram
- College 101 Resource Center, 290 Main Street in East Setauket
- Rose Caracappa Senior Center, 739 Route 25A in Mount Sinai
- Modular Devices, 1 Roned Road in Shirley
- Village of Lake Grove, Village Hall and Recreation Building, 980 Hawkins Ave., Lake Grove
Hours of operation for the Town of Brookhaven Youth Bureau INTERFACE Program’s Thanksgiving Food Drive are from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. For further information, please contact Josie Lunde at the Town of Brookhaven Youth Bureau or call at 631-451-8011. View Flyer
INTERFACE is a partnership between individuals, generous corporate neighbors and the Town of Brookhaven united in a shared effort to give assistance to Brookhaven’s less fortunate residents all year round.