October 24, 2019
Gelinas Junior High School
25 Mud Rd
East Setauket, NY 11733
POSTPONED: The Effects of Substances of Abuse and Behaviors on the Teen Brain
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Please join the Town of Brookhaven Council District 1 Drug Prevention Coalition for an important conversation about the effects of substances of abuse and behaviors on the teen brain featuring guest speaker Dr. Stephen Dewey.
Topic Will Include:
- Effects of drug use on both adult and adolescent brains
- The impact of cell phones on dopamine concentrations
- The science behind a range of drugs
- Environmental impacts on drug relapse
- Acute and long term effects of vaping usage
Guest speaker Dr. Stephen Dewey
Dr. Stephen Dewey received his PhD from the University of Iowa and completed his postdoctoral
fellowship in the Neurology Department at Stony Brook University. During his tenure at Brookhaven National Laboratory, Dr. Dewey conducted research on the effects of addictive drugs on the human brain.