Farmingville, NY – Councilman Kevin LaValle has announced the 2018 Summer Activities Series in Council District 3. The events, presented by the Councilman and the Town of Brookhaven Department of Parks, Recreation & Sports and Cultural Resources, start with the Pickleball Tournament in June and conclude in August with the fourth annual Run the Farm 4-Mile Challenge.
“Spring is here and summer is just around the corner,” said Councilman LaValle. “After the winter we had, I am pleased to join with the Parks Department to present these great outdoor family events and urge everyone to participate.”
The upcoming Summer Activity Series events are:
Pickleball Tournaments: Spring / Saturday and Sunday June 2 and June 3 (Fall Tournament Saturday, September 15) at the Centereach Pool Complex Pickleball Courts, 286 Hawkins Road in Centereach
• Participants must bring their own paddle and water
• Balls provided
• Must pre-register to participate.
• For more information or to register, call 631-451-6133
Hoops for Military Heroes: Saturday, July 21 (rain date Saturday, July 28) at the Centereach Pool Complex, 286 Hawkins Road in Centereach
• Free Event (T-shirts, snacks, prizes)
• $15 suggested donation per team
• All funds raised will be donated to local Veterans organizations
• Pre-registration is required at BrookhavenNY.gov/Basketball
• Age brackets for boys and girls are as follows:
• 12 & 13 year old’s- sign in at 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM start time
• 14 & 15 year old’s - sign in at 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM start time
• 16 & 17 year old’s - sign in at 1:00 PM, 1:30 PM start time
National Night Out: August 7 from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Centereach Pool Complex, 286 Hawkins Road in Centereach
Co- Sponsored with the Suffolk County Police Department 6th Precinct, this free, annual event promotes police and community partnerships to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. It’s an evening of summer fun activities and free outdoor swimming for the entire family.
The Fourth Annual Run the Farm 4-Mile Challenge: Saturday, August 18 at Bethel Hobbs Community Farm, 178 Oxhead Road in Centereach
Lace up those sneakers and traverse a 4-mile course on roughly two miles of flat terrain followed by a mile of rolling hills and two mildly challenging ascents before concluding at the historic grounds of Bethel Hobbs Community Farm. This event benefits the farm whose mission is devoted to servicing local food pantries and food programs.
• USA Track and Field sanctioned event
• Starting time is 9:00 a.m.
• For more information or to register, call 631-451-6647 or email
• Visit the website
Division of Public Information * Office of the Supervisor
One Independence Hill • Farmingville • NY 11738 • Phone 631-451-6595