About Career Edge
Career EDGE is a virtual job readiness seminar series for women seeking employment. You will work with a great network of professional women, businesspeople and expert speakers to bring you the best course anywhere. It is designed to meet the needs of women in our area who are ready to make that move and get the job. This program is presented by Dress for Success Brookhaven and there is no cost to participants. You will also be provided with professional attire for your interviews through our Boutique. View Flyer
Through 5 weekly meetings you will learn to:
- Increase your knowledge and confidence on securing a job
- Create your personal brand and marketing strategy
- Learn how to find and apply for the job that’s right for you
- Build a focused resume and prepare to ace your interview
- Receive one-on-one career coaching
- Receive a Dress for Success professional suiting experience
- Participate in a sisterhood of women to share your journey
- Wednesday mornings at 9:30am
- October 13, 20, 27, November 3, 10
This program is offered free of charge to women in Brookhaven Town.
Sign Up Online
Use our easy online signup form now!
All participants will be offered the opportunity to receive career clothing for their interview and new job!
Call 631-451-9127 or contact us online for more information about Women’s Services.
In her own words, a past graduate tells the story. “When I went through the resume process, I thought to myself, it is truly my honor to be in this class. I thought I had a great resume until I used the Career EDGE format. I wish I had this in the past.”
The Town of Brookhaven Division of Women’s Services strives to assist women and/or their families in seeking help and guidance in times of transition or crisis by fostering services aimed at improving their lives and enabling them to make healthier decisions.
Dress For Success
The Dress for Success Brookhaven mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the developmental tools necessary to help women thrive in work and life.