Our Youth Bureau INTERFACE Program’s Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive will run from October 15 to November 15. Last year’s Thanksgiving Food Drive provided hearty Thanksgiving meals to 942 families in Brookhaven. Without the generous donations received during the drive, this would not have been possible.
Donation Drop Off Points
- Brookhaven Town Hall, 1 Independence Hill in Farmingville
- Henrietta Acampora Recreation Center, 39 Montauk Highway in Blue Point
- Brookhaven Town Highway Department, 1140 Old Town Road in Coram
- Rose Caracappa Senior Center, 739 Route 25A in Mount Sinai
- New Village Recreation Center, 20 Wireless Road in Centereach
- Moriches Bay Recreation Center, 313 Frowein Road, Center Moriches
Suggested Food Items
Suggested food items for donations include all non-perishables, including, but not limited to: canned soups, canned cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, stuffing mix, instant potatoes, canned sweet or white potatoes, rice, canned vegetables, jar or canned sauce, macaroni, canned fruit, pudding, jello, cookie mix, cake mix, icing and juice. Due to refrigeration requirements, the Town cannot accept frozen turkeys. However, residents can donate $10 gift cards from local supermarkets, enabling families to purchase turkeys.
Hours of operation for the Town of Brookhaven Youth Bureau INTERFACE Program’s Thanksgiving Food Drive are from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. For further information, please contact Josie Lunde at the Town of Brookhaven Youth Bureau or call at 631-451-8011. View Flyer
INTERFACE is a partnership between individuals, generous corporate neighbors and the Town of Brookhaven united in a shared effort to give assistance to Brookhaven’s less fortunate residents all year round.