At the January 31 Town Board Meeting, Supervisor Ed Romaine and the Town Council accepted a $2,000 check from Chris Meyers, Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer of Teachers Federal Credit Union (TFCU) to co-sponsor the Town’s 2019 recycling events. This is the fifth consecutive year that TFCU has partnered with the Town.
The E-Waste, Paper Shredding and Drug Take Back events are for residents to safely dispose of unused electronic devices, have their old paper documents securely shredded and to safely dispose of old prescription drugs. Call 631-451-8696 for more information. View Flyer
- All residents must wear a mask.
- We advise residents only send one person per household.
- Residents disposing of e-waste will not need to leave their cars. They should clearly label what is e-waste and what is not, and the recycling crew will remove it from their trunks/cars.
- Residents looking to shred paper will be asked to place their documents in a bin next to the shred trucks.
Dates and Times
- Saturday, June 20, 2020, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Saturday, June 27, 2020, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday, July 11, 2020, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday, July 18, 2020, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday, July 25, 2020, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Saturday, September 19, 2020, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday, September 26, 2020, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday, October 3, 2020, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday, October 10, 2020, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday, October 24, 2020, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Saturday, November 7, 2020, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Documents brought in for shredding will be dumped into a 65-gallon container and then into the shredder, enabling each participant to witness the secure destruction of sensitive papers. Paper can be brought in boxes or bags. Documents can remain stapled together, but paper clips and other metal must be removed along with any other contaminants such as rubber bands.
Residents are urged to bring the following electronic items to be recycled:
|TV’s||VCR & DVD Players||Computer Mice |
|Printers ||Calculators||Hard Drives |
|Electronic Typewriters||Circuit Boards||Projectors|
|Radios / Stereos||Servers||Backup Batteries|
|PDAs||Mainframes||Handheld Electronic Toys|
|Scanners||Cell Phones||Answering Machines|
For further information, please contact our Department of Recycling and Sustainable Materials Management or call at 631-451-8696.
About the Department of Recycling and Sustainable Materials Management
The Town of Brookhaven Department of Recycling and Sustainable Materials Management is responsible for the environmentally secure disposal of everything that residents no longer want. Learn More
Sustainable Materials Management
Sustainable materials management (SMM) is a systemic approach to using and reusing materials more productively over their entire life cycles. Learn More