Farmingville, NY - In an abundance of caution related to COVID-19, the Town of Brookhaven has made the difficult decision to temporarily postpone, suspend, close or cancel many Town events. The health, safety, and well-being of our community members is our top priority. This is an evolving situation that we will continue to monitor and update as information becomes available. While Brookhaven Town Hall currently remains open, it is strongly recommended that residents who have business with the Town use online services or contact Town personnel by phone or email in order to reduce crowds at Town Hall to help prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus. To keep informed on Novel Coronavirus news and information, please follow the Town of Brookhaven on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @BrookhavenTown, visit our Coronavirus Web page or call 631-451-TOWN (8696).
- CLOSED - All Town of Brookhaven Dog Parks (Selden and Middle Island) will be closed to the public until further notice.
- CLOSED - All Town of Brookhaven Playgrounds and Playground equipment are closed to the public until further notice. Town of Brookhaven Parks remain open to the public for passive activities only.
- CANCELED - All spring nature programs at Cedar Beach and West Meadow Beach until April 15 have been canceled.
- POSTPONED - The Foster Grandparent National Service Recognition meeting scheduled for April 24 at the Henrietta Acampora Recreation Center has been postponed.
- POSTPONED - The following paper shredding, e-waste and drug take back events have been postponed and will be rescheduled to a future date: April 11 at the Terryville Fire Department, April 18 at the Henrietta Acampora Senior Center in Blue Point, April 25 at the Rose Caracappa Senior Center in Mt. Sinai and May 9 at the Sachem Library in Holbrook
- POSTPONED - All demolition public hearings for the March 26 Town Board Meeting will be adjourned to June 4 at 2:30
- POSTPONED - The public hearing to amending Chapter 57 of the Town Code entitled "Shellfish" for the March 26 Town Board Meeting will be adjourned to April 23 at 5:30
- CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC - The Brookhaven Town Board of Zoning Appeals Hearing, scheduled for Wednesday, March 25 at 2:00 pm will be closed to the public. The March 25, 4:00 pm calendar will be closed to both the applicants and the public and will be available for viewing via live stream on the Town of Brookhaven website. Those wishing to participate in this meeting are urged to watch via the livestream and send any comments to ZBAcomments@BrookhavenNY.gov. Applicants on the 4:00 pm calendar are reminded to drop off their notice proofs (certified and first class mailing receipts, certified mail signature cards, sworn affidavits of the posting / mailing and photos of the posting) in the lobby of Town Hall no later than Wednesday, March 25 at 12:00 pm.
- CANCELED - The Brookhaven Town Board of Zoning Appeals Work Session scheduled for Monday, March 23 at 3:00 pm has been cancelled.
- CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC - The Brookhaven Town Board Meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 26 at 2:00 pm will be closed to the public. It will be available for viewing via live stream on the Town of Brookhaven website. The public comments portion of this meeting will not be conducted. All public hearings have been adjourned to a date which will be determined in the future. Residents wishing to participate in this meeting are urged to watch via the livestream and send any comments to TownBoardComments@BrookhavenNY.gov.
- CANCELED - The Brookhaven Town Board Work Session scheduled for Monday, March 23 at 2:00 pm has been cancelled.
- ADJOURNED - The Planning Board Meeting scheduled for Monday, March 30 will be adjourned to April 6 at 4:00 pm.
- SENIOR CENTERS, EVENTS AND NUTRITION PROGRAM CHANGE - Brookhaven Town has closed all Senior Centers, canceled all senior events and suspended its Congregate Meals Program at the centers. Meals are now being delivered to homebound seniors as part of the Town’s Nutrition Program. For more information, call 631-451-9191.
- CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC - The Brookhaven Town Clerk’s office is CLOSED to the public. The only services that will be provided in person are marriage licenses and the filing of death certificates by licensed funeral directors. These services will be provided BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 631-451-6920 for an appointment. All other requests should be completed by mail or online.
- HOURS CHANGED – The Brookhaven Animal Shelter and Adoption Center remains open for serious adoption inquires only. It will now be open Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm and Sunday from 11:00 am to 3:30 pm until further notice. For more information, please call 631-451-6950 or visit the Animal Shelter website.
- POSTPONED - Brookhaven Parking Violations Hearings scheduled for March 18 and March 25 are postponed. Anyone scheduled to appear on these dates will be notified by mail of a new hearing date.
- CLOSED - All Town of Brookhaven Recreation Centers and Pools will be closed until further notice.
- CLOSED - Holtsville Ecology Site & Animal Preserve will be closed to public access until further notice.
- CANCELED - All Parks and Recreation Department Programs are canceled until further notice.
- CANCELED - Recycle Right Media Contest has been canceled go to BrookhavenNY.gov/contest for more information.
- CANCELED - What Now? (Are You Ready?) Youth Bureau event scheduled for Monday, March 16 at Town Hall has been canceled.
- CANCELED - What Now? (Where do you see yourself?) Youth Bureau event scheduled for Monday, March 30 at Town Hall has been canceled.
- CANCELED - Agricultural Advisory Board Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 25 at 4:00 pm has been canceled.
- CANCELED - Suffolk County Board of Elections Training Seminars at Town Hall have been canceled until further notice.
- POSTPONED - Women’s Recognition Night scheduled for Tuesday, March 24 at 6:30 p.m. at Brookhaven Town Hall has been postponed to a date to be determined.
- POSTPONED - Animal Education, Care and Awareness Workshop at the Longwood Public Library scheduled for Saturday, March 21 is postponed to a date to be determined.
- POSTPONED - Animal Shelter Donation Drive in Center Moriches scheduled for Saturday, March 21 is postponed to a date to be determined.
- POSTPONED - Prom Gown Program at Town Hall scheduled to begin on Tuesday, March 16 has been postponed to a date to be determined.
- POSTPONED - Gangs on Long Island - What You Need to Know Youth Bureau event at Town Hall scheduled for Monday, March 23 has been postponed to a date to be determined.
- SUSPENDED - Dress for Success Client Suitings and Clothing Donations are suspended until further notice
Division of Public Information * Office of the Supervisor
One Independence Hill • Farmingville • NY 11738 • Phone 631-451-6595