Farmingville, NY - Brookhaven Town will open three waterfront areas for passive self-exercise beginning Saturday, May 2. This will allow our residents to enjoy these facilities, get outdoors and exercise in the fresh air while protecting themselves and others from the spread of COVID-19.
The three location are:
- West Meadow
- Cedar in Mt. Sinai
- Corey in Blue Point
It is important to note that the Town is NOT opening the beach at these locations. Prohibited items and activities include chairs, umbrellas, blankets, coolers, fishing, congregating and any sporting activity. Dogs are also not allowed at these locations and no lifeguards will be on duty.
Residents will be allowed to walk, hike, jog, etc. at these facilities as long as they maintain social distancing. Masks are recommended. Parking will be limited to 50% of capacity. Code enforcement and parks staff will be on hand to maintain parking limits and patrol these areas to ensure that people are social distancing and following all rules.
In keeping with the New York State public health order during the COVID-19 pandemic, these areas will be open for passive use only with the following protocols in place:
- Passive use only, such as walking, jogging or hiking.
- No congregating, or participating in sports activities, and no use of playgrounds equipment.
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- No fishing, swimming, blankets, coolers, umbrellas or beach chairs.
- Always maintain social distancing of a minimum of six feet.
- Wear the recommended face covering when in the parks where social distancing cannot be followed.
- Do not enter the Parks if you have a cough or fever.
- Restrooms are closed.
- Please limit your stay to allow other residents to enjoy the Town facilities.
- Parking lots will be closed once 50% capacity. As cars leave, others will be allowed in.
Please visit our Coronavirus page for updates regarding closings, cancellations, postponements. Call 631-451-TOWN (8696) for information and to report anything that needs more immediate attention.
Division of Public Information * Office of the Supervisor
One Independence Hill • Farmingville • NY 11738 • Phone 631-451-6595