Farmingville, NY - The Town of Brookhaven Youth Bureau’s INTERFACE Back to School Drive has begun and will run through Friday, August 28. Last year, the INTERFACE Program collected enough supplies to help more than 1,300 children in need enter the school year prepared to learn.
Items such as pens, pencils, calculators, backpacks, notebooks, lunch boxes, folders, glue, binders, etc., are suitable donations. The supplies will be distributed to families in need who otherwise would be unable to provide them to their children before school begins.
Donations are being collected at Town Hall as follows:
• Smaller donations may be dropped off in the lobby of Brookhaven Town Hall, Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00 am – 4:30 p.m. The bin labeled “INTERFACE School Supply Drive” is where your smaller donations can be placed. No appointment is necessary.
• Large and/or corporate donations will be accepted by appointment only at the North entrance loading dock of Town Hall; please call 631-451-8026 to schedule a time/date for drop off.
• For added convenience, every Thursday from noon – 4:30 p.m. donations will be accepted OUTSIDE of Town Hall, on the grassy area adjacent to the Town’s Farmer’s Market. A staff member of the Youth Bureau will be available to greet you and collect your donation. No appointment is necessary.
Collection boxes for the Back to School Drive will also be located at:
● Coram Fire Department, 303 Middle Country Road, Coram
● Modular Devices, 1 Roned Road, Shirley
● All for You Hair Salon, 161-1 Long Island Avenue, Holtsville
We appreciate your cooperation in helping to minimize the spread of COVID-19 by wearing a mask or face covering when coming to any of the collection sites outlined above.