Farmingville, NY – As part of his ongoing efforts to keep Brookhaven Town motorists safe on the roadways, Superintendent of Highways Daniel P. Losquadro is announcing upcoming defensive driving classes.
In conjunction with American Safety Inc., the Town of Brookhaven will be hosting several classes at its local recreation centers and Brookhaven Town Hall. Residents are encouraged to choose the time and location that is most convenient for them. All classes are held in two 3-hour sessions or one 6-hour session; participants taking the two 3-hour sessions must attend both classes to receive their certificate of completion. In addition to saving motorists money on insurance, completion of the course, which provides professional advice on how to avoid accidents, entitles participants to remove up to four points off of their driver’s license.
“My husband and I attended a recent defensive driving class,” said Bonnie Cook-Patti, of Ridge. “It was the best $25 I ever spent. I am recommending all of my family, friends and neighbors attend one of these Town of Brookhaven classes.”
Classes will be held at the following locations/dates:
- Saturday, March 4 OR Saturday, April 22, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at the Henrietta Acampora Recreation Center, 39 Montauk Highway, Blue Point. Call 631.363.5193 to register.
- Tuesday, March 14 OR Tuesday, May 9, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at the Robert Reid Recreation Center, Defense Hill Road, Shoreham. Call 631.744.2601 to register for one of these classes.
- Tuesday, April 4, AND Wednesday, April 5, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. each night at the New Village Recreation Center, 20 Wireless Road, Centereach. Call 631.732.2338 to register.
- Thursday, April 20, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at the Rose Caracappa Senior Center, 739 Rte. 25A, Mt. Sinai. Call 631.476.6449 to register.
- Tuesday, Feb. 28 OR Tuesday, April 25, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at Brookhaven Town Hall, One Independence Hill, Farmingville, in the Town Hall Media Room, 2nd floor. Call 631.363.3770 to register.
Class size is limited; cost is $25 for senior citizens (55 and over) and veterans, and $40 for residents/non-residents. Participants are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to class with either cash or two blank checks.
Division of Public Information - Office of the Supervisor
One Independence Hill
Farmingville, NY 11738