Farmingville, NY – On September 19, Supervisor Ed Romaine was on hand for the dedication of the new Rocky Point Fire House located at 90 King Road in Rocky Point. The new building replaces the department's North Shore Beach Co. 2 fire house. The 87-year-old fire department was founded on February 6, 1934 by Joseph A. Edgar, a principal and teacher at Rocky Point’s public school. To learn more about the Rocky Point Fire Department, go to their website.
Pictured are Supervisor Ed Romaine (left) and New York State Assemblywoman Jodi Giglio (right) with Rocky Point Fire District Commissioners (left to right) Commissioner Kirkwood Johnson; Commissioner Anthony Gallino; Commissioner Dave Brewer and Commissioner John Buchner.