Farmingville, NY – Supervisor Ed Romaine has announced that the Town of Brookhaven is making CDBG-CV funds available for low to moderate income Brookhaven residents with mortgage arrears incurred due to a COVID-19 related loss of income. The Long Island Housing Partnership (LIHP) will administer the program. Funds will cover a maximum of 6 consecutive months of arrears, subject to a cap and are paid directly to the lender. Funds are limited and will be available on a first-come first-served basis until they are exhausted.
Supervisor Romaine said, “The pandemic has taken a financial toll on so many families that lost all or part of their income and are trying hard to make ends meet. The Mortgage Arrears Program is a lifeline that can help them get through these difficult times and keep their heads above water. I thank the Long Island Housing Partnership for making these funds available and I encourage anyone who is behind in their mortgage payments to apply today.”
Program requirements apply. They include, but are not limited to the following:
- Applicant/unit must reside in the Town of Brookhaven and be the primary residence.
- Household income must be under 80% of HUD AMI, at the time assistance is received.
- Household must have been at or below 100% of HUD AMI prior to the loss of income.
- Applicants must have suffered a loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Applicants must have been current on their mortgage prior to April 1, 2020.
- Applicants must be a US citizen or Qualified Resident Alien.
- Lender must agree to participate in the Program.
- Unit must pass lead-based paint inspection and environmental review, if applicable.
- No duplication of benefits is permitted.
- Certain applicants may be ineligible. Please see Program Guidelines for details.
- Additional program requirements apply. Please see Program Guidelines for details.
To apply, an intake form must be submitted. The submission period will close at 5:00 pm on November 2, 2021. Intake forms must be received (not postmarked) by 5:00 pm on November 2, 2021, and forms received after such date will be rejected. Intake forms may only be submitted online, by drop-off or by mail. Please read the Program Guidelines carefully. Submission of an Intake Form does not guarantee eligibility. Applicants must meet all Program Guidelines and Town requirements. All Fair Housing laws will be followed. If assistance is needed or if you have questions, please contact LIHP at email@example.com. Guidelines are available on the Long Island Housing Partnership website, or call the Long Island Housing Partnership at 631-435- 4710.