- All Town of Brookhaven recreation centers and senior centers will open at 11:00 am
- The Brookhaven Aquatic Center (BAC) in Mastic will open at 10:00 am
- Stay off the roads and park your car in your driveway to allow snowplows and emergency vehicles to pass.
- Clear fire hydrants in your area.
- Remove ice and snow from steps, sidewalks and walkways.
- Keep cell phones and other electronic devices charged.
- Have a battery-operated radio and a flashlight ready in case of a power outage.
- When shoveling snow, dress warm in layers and avoid over-exertion.
- If you must drive, make sure your tires are properly inflated and windshield wipers are working properly.
- Keep your pets indoors.
- Check on elderly and infirmed friends and neighbors.
- Listen to the local radio or television news for weather updates and emergency notifications.
- When using a generator, place it outdoors and follow all manufacturers’ safety precautions.
- Town of Brookhaven residential garbage collection will start at 8:00 am.
Residents should call 451-TOWN to report snow related issues. Call 911 for police, fire and ambulance emergencies only. To report a power outage or downed wires, call PSEG at 800-490-0075 or go to www.psegliny.com to file a report online.
Please go to the Town’s website for up-to-date snow related news, information, weather updates and emergency contact numbers.
The Town may also send out e-mail alerts to residents who have registered on our e-mail list. If you are not on the list, you can sign up today at www.brookhavenny.gov. Residents can also sign up for countywide Code Red alerts at www.suffolkcountyny.gov.