Farmingville, NY - In celebration of Arbor Day (April 29), the Town of Brookhaven held its annual “Free Tree Seedling, Mulch and Compost Giveaway” in the south parking lot at Town Hall in Farmingville. The free mulch and compost will continue to be available at various Town locations while supplies last. Mulch and compost is not bagged, so residents must provide their own containers and load the materials themselves into their vehicles. For more information, please call 631-451-TOWN. Pictured (left to right) are Supervisor Ed Romaine, Councilmember Jonathan Kornreich and Councilman Kevin LaValle.
Free Mulch and Compost locations (while supplies last):
- Brookhaven Town Hall, South Parking Lot, 1 Independence Hill in Farmingville (residents only)
Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm and Saturday-Sunday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Percy Raynor Park, Route 347 and Belle Mead Road in South Setauket (residents only)Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Rose Caracappa Center, 739 Route 25A in Mt. Sinai (residents only)
Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Brookhaven Landfill, 350 Horseblock Road in Brookhaven Hamlet (residents only) Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 2:45 pm and Saturday from 7:00 am to 12:00 noon.
- Manorville Compost Facility, Papermill Road in Manorville (residents and commercial) Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm (Closed for lunch 11:50 am - 12:30 pm)
- Holtsville Ecology Site, 249 Buckley Road in Holtsville (residents only) Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Robert E. Reid, Sr. Recreation Center, Rte. 25A and Defense Hill Road in Shoreham (residents only) Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Commercial vehicles are permitted only at the Manorville Compost Facility, where a fee of $12 per yard will be charged.
Division of Public Information * Office of the Supervisor
One Independence Hill • Farmingville • NY 11738