Farmingville, NY – -On June 4, Supervisor Ed Romaine (left) and Councilmember Jonathan Kornreich (second from right) visited the Comsewogue Public Library for a reception honoring the members of the Library Research Committee and to mark the library’s 55 years of community service. The Comsewogue Library District was created by the Comsewogue School District voters in 1966 and when the doors were opened on March 1, 1967, they operated out of a portable classroom. A new, permanent library was later built and opened on March 1, 1969. The library is located at 170 Terryville Road in Port Jefferson Station.
Pictured with Supervisor Romaine and Councilmember Kornreich are (left to right) Jan Kielhurn, daughter of library co-founder, Jasper Newcomer; Library Director, Debra L. Engelhart and Brookhaven Town Historian Barbara Russell. Call 631-928-1212 or visit www.cplib.org for more information about the Comsewogue Public Library.