Farmingville, NY - In anticipation of the impending snow storm on Wednesday, March 21, the Town of Brookhaven has announced the following cancelations and closings:
- Wednesday, March 21 Zoning Board meeting has been canceled and rescheduled to Wednesday, March 28.
- The Brookhaven Industrial Development Agency / Local Development Corporation meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 21 has been canceled and will be rescheduled to a date to be determined.
- The Wednesday, March 21 Defensive Driving Course at the Rose Caracappa Senior Center has been canceled and rescheduled to Wednesday, April 4 from 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- The Town's Meals on Wheels program will be suspended on Wednesday and will resume on Friday, March 23. Please note that Wednesday and Thursday meals have already been distributed by the Town to all Meals on Wheels program participants.
- The Town's Jitney Program will be suspended on Wednesday, March 21.
Residents should call 451-TOWN (8696) to report snow related issues. Call 911 for police, fire and ambulance emergencies only. To report a power outage or downed wires, call PSEG at 800-490-0075 or go to their website to file a report online.
The Town will also be sending out email alerts to residents who have registered on our email list. If you are not on the list, you can sign up today. Residents can also sign up for countywide Code Red alerts.
Division of Public Information - Office of the Supervisor
One Independence Hill
Farmingville, NY 11738