How do I file a Notice of Claim?

You must submit a notarized letter stating a description of the incident including where, when and how the incident occurred. You must also include your complete contact information (name, address and telephone number). Along with your letter, submit two estimates for repair, or if the repair has been completed, a copy of the repair bill. Photographs and police reports can be included but are not required. This documentation must be filed with the Town Clerk's office within ninety (90) days of the date of incident.

You may submit a Notice of Claim in person at the Town Clerk's office or by mail. If submitting by mail, please send to the following address:
Town of Brookhaven
Attention: Town Clerk
One Independence Hill
Farmingville, NY 11738

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a Notice of Claim?
2. What is the status of my claim?